Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

A65 got its first 5-Star reader's review...

I noticed as I was checking my author's page on Amazon so read it...and here's what someone named L. Kortus said --

What? No one has reviewed this book before me?
Well, that IS a shame.
This book’s synopsis caught my eye and I’m so glad it did. A totally enjoyable read, I did not want to put it down and stayed up to the wee hours reading it.
Terrific character development, humor, quirky twists, and not your run-of-the mill, formula plot.
This is a well written, entertaining, romp of a book. I was delighted.

I needed this. I've been getting zero traction on the book and was close to convincing myself I'd screwed it up...so to have a review like this come out of nowhere, unsolicited...very, very nice.

What's interesting is, today I received a book I ordered for research into the mindsets of hateful people...and it's close to unreadable. Not the prose...that's fine, so far...but the print is so soft it's almost blurry. What makes this odd is -- it's put out by a major publisher. St. Martin's.

I thought maybe I just needed to upgrade my glasses, or maybe it's because I'm still fighting off this friggin' cold, but I checked some other books and I could read them, fine. I could read the paperback edition of David Martin without any trouble.

Plus it's not consistent. The words give us at the top of page 164 are softer than the words One significant at the top of page 210. It's just a bad printing. And it might be due to the book being printed on cream-colored fibrous paper instead of white. I don't know. I want the book but I have to wonder if sending it back for a new copy will make any difference. I just know I was straining to read it and had to put it down.

Maybe there's an e-book, available...

No comments: