Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Got done early...

This packing job went very quickly so I'm headed home after everything's picked up, tomorrow. It wasn't an easy job, and my nose is still irritated by the dust involved, but I'm happy I got to do it. And even happier to be done. I'm not happy with this La Quinta. Half the plugs don't work or only barely do. Not cool and makes me nervous.

I managed to rework the scene for A65, make it more self-contained using bits from the book as background. I doubt anything will happen with it, but it keeps me pushing forward.

I'm also updating the format of my first 4 books -- HTRASG, PM, RIHC6 and BC. I can make the grammar better, too. I used to insist on doing some dumb things, once upon a time. Lightning is offering to do this for free till the end of the month, and I'd be an idiot not to make use of it.

I'm adding a character to PS, a Jewish guy who's friends with Brendan's cousin, Scott, and who gets caught in Israel during the Yom Kippur war. When he comes back, he finds the only person he can talk to is Brendan, because they've both been in a war zone and seen people killed right in front of them. It's a bit obvious, but hopefully by the time I'm done working it in, it will seem organic.

That's all I want my books to be -- organic...unlike me...

No comments: