Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Another job done...

Sitting in Indianapolis' airport waiting to board my flight home, finally. I was done with everything by noon, today, so had some decent BBQ and went to a park to sit and think. There isn't anything else to do here, really, unless you're into the 500 Speedway...which I'm not. I considered driving down to Bloomington to the Lily Library but they closed at 1pm. Dammit. So sit and think it was.

I'm considering doing some sketches for UG, to help get across some things and, to be honest, because I like the idea. It works well, in my mind. I've also figured out ways to streamline the story more. It's pretty jumbled and all over the place, right now, but removing a bit of Dev's inner chat-line would be helpful. He's pretty closed off and self-contained, and that's what makes him both dangerous and reachable.

With Brendan, APoS depends on his voice being free and easy. It will still be more on topic than just meandering or stream-of-consciousness, but condensing his words to suit a faster narrative would be counter-productive. He's Irish; they love to talk in circles.

Getting these two pieces done in a timely fashion means I really should back away from the web. I get into arguments, online, via Twitter and Facebook that are pretty meaningless. But that wind up suddenly taking hours of my time before I even realize it and that has to stop. I'll still do occasional comments and postings on Facebook and Twitter, but nothing like I've been doing.

Something else is, I stupidly agreed to some friends requests on Facebook and suddenly I'm getting IMs and video calls from people I don't know who are in other countries. I don't know why and I'm canceling that crap out as fas as I can. But having women tell me they're horny and home alone is NOT something I would even begin to find interesting. You'd think it would be obvious from my sites that I'm queer, but they apparently don't bother with that. Irritating.

Of course, I'm also getting emails about erectile dysfunction, diabetes and herpes treatments. Why? I have no earthly idea. Maybe it's a case like this one co-worker I had at Heritage, who thought it would be funny to sign me up as a supporter of the GOP. That took me years to get done with, because they sell your info. So do the Dems, which I why I will not donate to any campaigns, anymore. I'm getting 2-3 hundred emails a day begging for money from politicians, all of them URGENT and IN DIRE NEED and IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD shit.

I'm also at the point where, if the Democrats can't manage to run the GOP out of Congress at this next election, they are almost as worthless as the Republicans...and I hate to say it, but Pelosi and Schumer are not giving me the warm and fuzzies about that. But if Republicans are left in any sort of control after the hideousness of the last two years, then this country is beyond redemption.

It'll be time to move.

No comments: