Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Edgy...

I've been in the weirdest mood since getting back from the UK. Like I'm on edge...not quite nervous but unable to relax. Tight and tense. I don't know why...unless it's from being so beat up from this trip. I just know I had one hell of a time focusing on anything, yesterday, of any meaning...and today was almost as bad.

Of course, it doesn't help I had to shove a lot of crap out of position in my apartment because the management decided to install a thermostat. My ac/heating unit had old controls that were manually switched on and off. Now I can set the thing to go on and off whenever and it works just as poorly.

But my apartment's in a mess and I'm trying to rearrange things so they work better and have no idea what to do about it all except get rid of a lot of junk. Which means sitting down and going through it and dealing with the dust...and I just don't wanna...not right now...

I'm sick and fucking tired of the GOP and right wing scum taking this country down the path of totalitarianism. Republicans are so busy proving themselves to be hypocrites -- and damn proud of it -- it's destroying any semblance of normalcy. I'm pissed off all the time and seriously would not weep if every damned one of them was wiped out by some GOP-oriented plague or, as poetic justice, a right wing gunman.

Maybe that's why I'm so on edge. It tells on you, being infuriated on a daily basis for 18 months straight. I wish Czar Snowflake would just die or have his stroke or something, already, with Pence and all the rest following him in hideous ways.

As a ludicrous segue, this anger and frustration reminded me I wanted to find that Creepy Magazine cover of Dracula and The Wolf Man fighting in the ruins of Whitby Abbey...and here it is. But it's not really Whitby...just a close resemblance. The artist may have used it as a template....but it works. One of my all-time favorite magazine covers.

So...what I now need to do is find a way of channelling my anger and frustration into PS to bolster Brendan. It fits best in the third section -- when he returns to Derry -- but also works in the second part, set in Houston. I've got a situation started there that leads to tragedy...and maybe horror...not sure yet.

I think PS is turning into a primal scream...

No comments: