Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

I'm running out of story...

So far it looks like DW will top out at about 40,000 words. That's with me slamming through it, leaving most of the details and depth for later...but I don't know if I can make up the difference in time to make it by the end of the month. I have some bits written that need to be plugged in, I'm just not sure where, yet; plus I'm still having trouble with Dair's motivation. So this will not be a quick easy book to write.

Off to DC tomorrow afternoon for a quick job so we'll see if I can keep up any momentum. Right now I'm at 23,000 words, but I know most of what I'm writing is garbage that will need a lot of work. A hell of a lot.

I wanted to have Underground Guy out in at least an ebook by Thanksgiving, but I haven't gotten my second proofer's work back and need to go through the story to make the grammar consistent and then it'll take some time to set up chapters and table of contents and all that stuff. I guess I overextended, again.

Typical.

No comments: