Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Feeling weird...

I was heading home from work and got a need for another helping of enchiladas, but the only place that has halfway decent ones in Buffalo is 10 miles away in evening traffic. Not that big a deal but I didn't want to drive. Still...I talked myself into it but as I reached a point halfway I happened upon another Mexican Food Restaurant and decided to try them.

Big mistake. They weren't even on the level of El Patio. I got chips and processed salsa, which should have warned me, but then I ordered guacamole...and it was more like avocado soup. Not bad just not right. And then came the enchiladas, rice and beans...and I'm still tasting them 6 hours later. Try a new place, for once, and get shot down. Even a Corona didn't help.

I'm not sick; I ate vegetarian so I know the beans weren't made with chicken stock. I just feel...incomplete. So I've been reading more of Rain Dogs and it's interesting. Perhaps a bit too intensely bleak and cynical but I do want to see if my theory as to who committed the murder works out to be correct.

But I'm pretty bad off when sitting in bed with a good book and a nice cup of tea doesn't make me feel better.

No comments: