Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 11, 2019

I've started a new blog...

Since Tumblr self-destructed, I've been slowly setting up an adult blog on WordPress, and today it finally came into being.  JamTheCat is about working on my writing; angerandanarchy is about letting off steam in any way I want -- be it videos, photos, sketches, stories, snide commentaries, sexual bullshit, all sorts of things I don't want just anyone to be able to see. So I've finalized a popup that warns prospective viewers it's for adults only and they have to say they are over the age of 18 or go away.

I've already posted a couple of things on it, including links to where readers can buy Underground Guy. My plan is to use it not only as a place to explode before I explode but a sales tool for my adult novels. I got 5 of the buggers, now -- HTRASG, PM, RIHC6, BC, and now UG. LD and OT are more general while A65 is about as mainstream as it gets, for me.

I guess this makes me a niche author trying to broaden his base, but so far I've only had minimal success with that. I've already sold more copies of UG in the last 4 weeks than I have of A65 in the last 8 months. Who knows what will happen once I let APoS loose onto the world.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not sorry about this. Writing dark as night books along with some sunshine and light helped me hone my ability as a writer enough to where I finally have the confidence to do APoS as it should be. I talk about having Tolstoy as my guide because he builds his worlds with lovely, deeply-felt characters and a feel for his society that is unsurpassed...but reality is I think I'm doing the Once and Future King route with APoS -- starting out relatively light and growing darker as Brendan ages and learns the truth of the world.

BUT...I do not want it bleak. I want honesty, not nihilism. I want truth, not statements. I want beauty and grace as well as hell on earth.

Not aiming for much, am I...

No comments: