Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Slowly...slowly...

Went digging through my books, today -- Derry Journal of the 1970s, Streets of Derry (1625-2001), Burrows Pointer Guide Map of Londonderry (1946, I think), Derry Through the Lens - Refocus, Northern Ireland - The Troubles, Derry - the Troubled Years, and No Go. Mainly photo-oriented books in an attempt to see if what I wrote is workable...and unable to say, yet.

I put in an order for another book put out by the Derry Journal, for the 1960s, but that won't be in for a while; it's coming from a bookshop I deal with in Derry and will be the cheapest postal method possible. I just hope they at least put it in a padded envelope.

I shifted to working on connecting the sections in part three, where Brendan returns to Derry. I'm missing 4 links -- him seeing his mother and youngest brother, again, for the first time in more than 8 years, as well as a sister and another brother. Then there's some moments when he has to face a form of tribunal with the Provisional IRA over what happened when he disappeared from Derry in late 1972. Not a lot and yet...

I won't get anything done, tomorrow. I'm off to LA on a non-stop flight that doesn't get in till 9:30pm, so no blogging, either. I'll be packing, finalizing my prepping for the job and getting to the airport early in case some of the TSA have called in sick and it takes longer to get through security. Same for returning; I changed my flight to a later one on Wednesday, going through Chicago (which I do not like to do) but that way if there's any issues I've got plenty of time to deal with them.

It is my fervent hope the GOP in the Senate will come to its senses and dump Mitch McConnell as Majority leader. He is the main bottleneck to solving the shutdown. I think if the bill that was passed prior to the shutdown was put up, again, it would pass with a veto-proof majority and Czar Snowflake would be kicked in the balls.

He needs to be...and often, he's such an asshole.

No comments: