Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

WordPress is a pain...

I'm trying to set up a more adult in your face blog on Wordpress and they are making it really damned hard. I'm doing it through GoDaddy and they assigned me a temporary web address which is, I think, supposed to get updated to my blog's title...but it ain't yet. And the link to add comments has vanished. It was there yesterday.

I don't want to publicize it till I know everything's in place and it's up and running right...but that's not looking likely anytime soon. Maybe I'll look into starting an alternate blog on Blogger. I want to keep JamTheCat as my writing blog and use Anger & Anarchy as the political pissy one, with nudity and assholiness. We'll see how that goes. If this takes too much time, I'm not doin' it. I have other things that need my attention more -- like APoS.

No writing done, today, but I had a solid run the last couple days so no real complaints.

I learned my nephew, Daniel Pruske, had an architectural project he helped design featured in a glossy coffee-table magazine called C3: Brand and Identity. In fact, his building is on the cover. This is major. It's one of 4 buildings discussed in the magazine, in both English and Korean.

I remember him showing me some of the preliminary designs a few years back and thinking it was amazing, then. Now? He's really moving forward and has a lot going for him. I am so proud.

Funny story is, when I was visiting San Antonio from LA for his graduation, he mentioned he was interested in architecture and thinking of going to Texas Tech. They have a serious 5-year program for that. So we decided to just drive up and look it over. In the middle of summer. In friggin' Lubbock, Texas...the middle of nowhere in a town that does not believe in trees. But he, his mother (my sister) and I drove up...and found it was pretty much shut down but open enough to take a gander.

He liked it well enough so we headed back to the car to go grab a bite to eat before heading home, but on the spur of the moment my sister and I decided since we were there we should find out what it would take to apply. Turned out the day we were there was the last day for applications to the school and for financial aid. So instead of leaving we spent a couple hours filling out forms and he met with a counsellor. He had some of his artwork up online so they could look at that. And he got in. Just in time.

I think it was meant to be.

No comments: