Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Working on the Celebration Fleadh for APoS...

I got sidetracked for a bit in a flame war with some Fuck Bernie nitwits on Twitter...till I stopped arguing and started asking them who they DID support for 2020. Suddenly crickets. So now I see social media is being used by assholes to sow discontent, distrust and dissension in the Democratic party. Stupid of me to get caught up in that for so long.

Still, I did some work on the Celebration Fleadh in Derry, that was put on shortly after the Battle of Bogside. It was a victory dance and was important to have, even if it was premature. Within a year the British were starting to side with the Protestants in Northern Ireland, and a year after that was internment...which led to violence even more hideous than before.
But this is important because it's where Brendan and Joanna connect and start seeing each other.

No comments: