Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The beginning is nearly begun...

I think I've got Adam set, now, for the sketches. The scrape to his chin from the rugby match on Saturday. Russet hair neatly cut. A world of books behind him. I'm at the point where if I think I do one more thing to him, I'll ruin his image. I do still want to work on the shadow from the window and the foliage outside...but I'm on the fence. We'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.

Last night was awful. I got a pneumonia vaccine shot -- the 2nd part, so supposedly I'll need no more -- and my shoulder went nuts. Swollen. Achy. I developed a low-grade fever. Crashed into depression and became a full-fledged mess. I had trouble sleeping. But it's a lot better now. Shoulder still aches but also itches, which to me means it's healing.

Next on the agenda for sketches is Adam leaving for work. I have that planned out and it will be a lot more complicated, but I'm ready for it. I'm finding I don't like working with non-photo blue. Since I'm taking photos of the image, it shows up and I have to work to cover it. I may do the next image in soft graphite pencil, which is easier to erase.

I did enjoy the process of working on this image. It took 4 days to get right...maybe 5...but it's got the richness I wanted instead of the impressionistic feel. I guess this won't be ready for some time...so I need to also work on APoS. See what I want to do with it, now that I'm not happy with the meh of an opening.

I may print out the first four chapters, cut 'em up, and tape them together in a mishmash of a telling...

No comments: