Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Kurosawa nails it...

This is mainly advice on writing screenplays, but it's good for any kind of writing. I know. I've taken it to heart and once a story's dug itself into me, I keep at it, no matter how long it takes. It's only the ones I get no connection to that I leave behind...and the way I can tell I didn't connect with them is they just don't work. Something's off between me and the characters, and I can't force it to happen.

So after working on A65's panels, today (I got 1.75 colored in), I started watching Sense8. I got through 3 episodes...and now I want to read that script, because it is all over the place and yet under complete control...and I'd love to do something like that in my work.

The only one of Faulkner's books I really liked was The Sound and the Fury, especially the Benjy section, because it was everywhere and yet inside the mind of a mentally disabled man. I've been too unsure of myself to try it to any real extent in my work, and the few times I did something like that in a script I got ripped for it.

I'm still learning to let go of the fear of criticism...and acceptance...

No comments: