Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Back to the grind and glory...

I took yesterday off from writing and had just one real meal of the day -- which was PLENTY. My mother and I met my brother, Shawn, and sister-in-law, Melissa, at a restaurant called Ryan's in New Braunfels, and we were joined by her son and daughter-in-law and a friend of theirs. Kelly was out late, the night before, so decided to stay home; he made it to work this morning, but it's dragging on him.

Ryan's is a large buffet-style place, one of those all-you-can-eat-for-one-price joints that actually encourages you to stuff yourself. The food was all right and the one big positive on it is, they don't salt or butter their veggies; you get to do that to your own taste. Normally Texas joints layer on the salt and butter to the point I can't eat at some restaurants, it's so heavy. The one big negative is, they jammed so many tables into that building, it was hard to get around, especially since nearly every single table was jammed with people.

Today, I'm back to the script job and may begin preliminary storyboards to work out how to trim down the narration. Brendan's taken a bit of a lie-down, as well, and is currently figuring out his next revelation. I have a feeling it'll be furthering his run in with the KKK. I have some of it written, but it's not working for me, yet. No real connection...and that's a growing part of this story -- the connections between people and places and things, even from thousands of miles and entire worlds apart.

No comments: