Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feeling tapped out

Yesterday was not easy, family-wise. Mother and brother were needy and I had to fight to get 2000 words done. But I did finish another chapter and set up the relationship between Brendan and Joanna.

Aftermath is, today I'm drained. I have a chapter I could work on that I have ideas about, but the fuzziness indicates it may be a chore. Positive thing is, I'm ahead of schedule so I can take a bit of time with it...but not too much. I still have that feeling things'll get crazy the 2nd half of the month. And I need a first draft done, which may well be more than 100K words, the way this is going.

Need more tea. Maybe caffeinated instead of herbal. And a cinnamon roll.

No comments: