Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting slower

Nothing on SBs till tomorrow, at the earliest.

I hit over 60K for NaNoWriMo, which is officially over in an hour. Worked on some stuff in Derry when Brendan's 12 but due to turn 13 in just over a month. I took an hour to try and find out if Derry had a bus depot in 1968 like they do now, or if the Ulsterbus just went to a certain spot to pick people up, like it still does in the smaller towns. No luck so I worked around it. Something to add to the list of things to find out.

Right now, I'm just waiting for money. I have a check coming from the SB group and one from the publisher I did so much work for, but he's poor-mouthing, again, and I'm thinking I'm about to get stiffed -- for nearly $6600. At the same time, he's talking about me doing more work for him. If I do one more thing for this guy before I'm paid in full, I'm a worthless pile of horse-hockey.

No comments: