Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hangover...

...And not from doing anything fun, dammit. Once the living room was completely rearranged and I was into sneezing fits every five minutes from the crap in that air, and that's after me tying a wet bandana around my nose, I jammed my laptop into my satchel and left. And as I was leaving, mom asked me to stop by Target to get her some more storage containers.

I did.

Then I stopped at a Starbuck's and sat and wrote for a couple hours as I had some Refresh tea and a cookie. I didn't come home till nearly seven, by which time mom and Kelly were settled and the place was quiet and I could get some more writing done.

I don't think what I did yesterday was my best, but it'll work for now. I added to Brendan's arrival in Houston, where he learns a bit more about his banishment from NI, and likes it. I'm now at around 49,000 words.

And they're awake and talking and Kelly wants to know if rent to own helps your credit rating and I can't shut them up without being a dick and feeling bad about it, later. And I'm already down from the crap from yesterday.

I'm going for a walk.

No comments: