Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

1100 more words

I'm working out a chapter dealing with the Protestant attack on civil rights marchers at Burntollet Bridge on January 4, 1969. It's a seminal moment in the beginning of the troubles and things kept escalating from there until British troops were brought in to protect the Catholic population from Protestant rampages. The image I have in my banner was taken immediately after that attack.

So last night I got a bit more done, but it was a fight. Cipro makes me groggy and gives me a low-grade headache, and finally I just went to bed. Of course, not feeling good makes me more prone to being depressed, especially with everything else that's going on. But I'm still slogging through.

I edited my two previous posts to remove what was, to my superstitious writer's mind, a huge mistake. I hope that corrects it. Sorry if this seems cryptic, but it can't be helped.

Nothing else to say, right now. Maybe later.

No comments: