Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Almost...

Got the first section of storyboards off to my client last night at 2am. 12 pages. 48 frames. The file wound up being 14megs because I didn't do any compression on the Photoshop files or manipulation of the PDF animation process. I know there'll be changes and I always have to triple check for typos -- and sure enough, soon as I printed out a copy this morning I found one on page 2 -- but the corrections should be minor enough to get finished and gone this afternoon. Next comes two alterations to the piece to fit different targets, but I doubt those will be very extensive now that this is basically set.

The Burntollet section of POS is up to 31 pages and I just got to the hospital. At this rate, the book'll be 200K words and I'll be accused of thinking I'm Tolstoy or Dickens, with all the story and verbiage. But I guess it's better to have it and have to pull back to condense or find better ways of putting things than it is to have to figure out how to expand. And the truth is, I don't care if it's that long. It just means I won't be done by the end of the year. But these things are like having children; you can only control them so far. And my first draft of "Bobby Carapisi" was just over 124K and I couldn't lower that to under 120K to save my life. So...we will see what we will see and it will be what we will see.

Hmm...I just thought up a better way of getting Brendan to Altangelvin Hospital. A more vicious set up for the chaos. Nice.

Okay...so I wind up with a 200K novel? So what? Isn't that half the length of a "Harry Potter"?

No comments: