Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Depressed

I had to get up early to be in traffic court and wound up paying $170 for the damn ticket I got. Money I can't afford. On top of it, that money I thought I was getting, the cash that came out of the blue -- I can't even get the people who told me this to answer my phone calls, now...so looks like it was all crap. Nor am I getting any of the $6000+ I'm owed for other work I've done. End of financial rope, here I be. Oh, well...I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Maybe this interview in NY will build into something...or maybe it'll just be more of the "we'd love to use you in the future" kind of thing. If so, I'll have to back away.

As regards POS -- the more I write on this story, the more I see needs to be done on it. As of now, it doesn't even begin to hold together or really make sense. IF I worked on it every day for the next two years, I might get it to the point of coherence and almost touch Brendan's reality. But my catastrophic mood at the moment is not helping matters. Maybe I can use that for another part of the story.

What it boils down to is, I still have a lot of research to go through and a HELL of a lot of work left to make Brendan a child of Derry in the late 60's and early 70's. Jesus, there's so much left.

No comments: