Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Finally...

Just now sitting down to write, though I did find a great little tune called "The Banks of Claudy" by a group called The Johnstons, who were big in Ireland in the late 60's and early 70's. A link to a YouTube of them singing the song is below and it gave me a better view of Brendan's walk to Burntollett.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jemmytee55

I'm still not sure what to dig into now. I seem to be getting fuzzy-braind on where to go next, so I'm letting it sit for a bit. But I get the feeling I'll be handling the last chapter before he goes to Houston. It fits into what this song is about.

I also saved some great driving videos of the area between Feeny and Claudy and Derry. Amazing what you can find on YouTube.

No comments: