Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Focus is not easy

And the fact I'm able to do anything at all sometimes amazes me. Today was laundry, which I do every Sunday. Then came straightening the tree mom and my brother, Kelly, insisted we buy last night; it was at an angle in the stand. Now Mom's wondering who's going to decorate it when Kelly said he wants to...but will probably never get around to doing so I'll wind up slapping on lights and ornaments just to stop the chatter.

I've spent the day trying to work out the method of typographic play for this next section of the SB project and realized I'm writing advertising copy. I've never done that and don't think I do it well...and now I'm confused as to what they want. I sent off 12 frames with various ideas slashed in and suddenly I'm being told there's going to be a lot more information in the text than I thought -- facts and figures and stuff. I've decided I need to write a script for it before I do anymore in the art department. I've been going at this back-assed-wards. Now I'm waiting for a call-back from Kasey on what she wants in this section of the storyboards.

My editing job now wants me to see "Avatar" to get ideas on how to handle the jungle people in his script. I wasn't planning to see it (I'm not a big fan of James Cameron) but guess I will...maybe on a bargain matinee. It's over at The Quary.

Brendan's been off to himself all day, thinking. I'm giving him plenty of space and let him know I'll write whatever he brings me, but I'm making no trip to Derry for research till I know the full story and can focus my research. Of course, that all depends on me having the money to go.

Damn, it does NOT feel like Christmas, this year. Not in the slightest.

No comments: