Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Interesting

Rereading the snippet of POS I posted yesterday, I can see where it still needs work being smoothed over and deepened. I repeat phrases and don't get very far into the moment or completely into Brendan's emotional state, yet. I can do a lot to better this. A lot better.

Today will be spent working on AAAS. I get the feeling my work for that writer/director is ended unless I can come up with a better idea for the ending of his script than I've offered, so far. I'll think about it...but these storyboards are higher priority.

Looks like the packing job is off. This guy seems to want $10 worth of services for ten cents, but I've let him know I intend to pack the books even better because apparently he's going to just shove them into a moving van filled with furniture and appliances, and no way am I being held responsible for lessening the value of his collection by 20% if something happens. Plus air fare has already jumped 20% and the hotel I planned to stay at may no longer have room for me, so that'll go up, too, since the next best place in price was a Marriott. I believe the appropriate phrase here is, "Penny wise, pound foolish." Oh well...the money would have been nice but the peace of mind is nicer, and it wouldn't hurt me to not have a meal or two.

Now off for a quick walk then digging into the SBs.

No comments: