Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I have to stop thinking...

About this story. I have to stop assuming I know what the hell is going on or where Antony's taking me in it. Because every time I think I know, he blithely shows me I don't. And the glimmer of the ending he showed me, yesterday -- if it winds up actually going there since I'm at the point where I don't trust these hints of the story's future he keeps doling out and abandoning -- well, it works so neatly I can't think of any other way to end it. And I'm at that point in the story where it has to start coming together because it's going to be intense and will take some space to work, and I hit page 180 yesterday -- over 40K in words.

Damn, there are so many loose ends to tie up, still. And so much else going on.

I wonder if this is what POS will turn out like? Convoluted and a bit fantastic. That's not what I want -- so maybe I'm getting my Machiavelli out of my system so I can focus on Sun Tzu's "Art of War." No...no that's not the way to go with Brendan. His is the Irish take on man trapped in his fate. I won't need outside help on that, not with my history.

Now off to deal with cable and DSL. Fun.

No comments: