Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little things that make me smile

In my obsessive need to find validation in my work via the sales figures of my books on Amazon, I checked to see what their status was, this morning. I do this three times a day -- or four...or five...not that I'm anal or anything...at least, that I'm willing to cop to -- and I've been rewarded by seeing HTRASG jump on and off the gay bestseller lists at least a dozen times, once getting all the way up to #13 under the subheading "gay erotica" -- and I printed the page out to prove it.

So I started this little game with Amazon, checking constantly to see if any of my other books could be labeled a "bestseller" but while each one came close, none actually made it all the way -- until this morning. RIHC6v1 was #97 on the "any category > books > literature & fiction > erotica > gay & lesbian > gay (updated hourly)" bestseller list *whew* and I jumped for joy. Silly, I know, but it means I can now legally say my BOOKS have been bestsellers. Ah, me...happy to bask in the glories of my self-delusion.

I spent my writing time, yesterday, working part 2 of RIHC6v2 -- like in the first one, the story's telling itself in 2 parts -- to fit the new ending and in doing so managed to simplify it to where it feels less absurd. Plus Antony is becoming overwhelmed by events rather than controlling them, shaking his self-confidence -- and this includes having his efforts to protect Jake begin to spin into chaos and threaten his grip on sanity. I'm still not sure how it's all going to play out, but I'll follow the characters wherever they lead me. And I've backed away from pushing to get it done because I'll need to go through the whole story, now, to make sure it fits together.

Now doctor stuff for mom and working on prepping for my trip then back to writing.

I have no life but that allowed me by proxy.

No comments: