Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Movin' on up

I'm now in Elizabethtown, Kentucky in yet another Motel 6 that's in better shape than yesterday's but still has issues. For example, I had to call Tech Support to be able to sign in on their WiFi because the access code refused to work. but no smokers ever in this room and lots of restaurants about as well as a Kroger's so...I guess I got what I paid for.

Roads in Tennessee were worse than Arkansas -- one stretch between Memphis and Nashville had such ripples in the freeway pavement, I thought my tires were coming off -- but the Kentucky roads have been much better. Weather was overcast and misty but not bad. I don't mind the chill. Of course, I'm now on Eastern Time and have to get used to that and the different hours for the couple of TV programs I like to watch. I'd turn on the TV right now and watch "Castle" but it won't stay plugged in.

I'll do a bit more writing, instead. I have the feeling I'm missing something in RIHC6v2 that will keep it from joining neatly with v1 and need to refresh my brain with it, again. And I feel a bit repetitious in v2. Maybe I'm at the limit of what can happen and now am just feeding off my own little self. Irritating to sense that and not know exactly why or how to repair it. Yet.

Enough. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Glad you found a slightly less repulsive Motel 6 for the night.
I'm sure in no time you'll find that missing element in RIHC6v2. Although you may just be your own worst critic.