Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dreading the trip back

And not so much for the reasons one might think. I miss LA in a lot of ways and seeing my friends out here makes me long for it even more, but the trip back to Buffalo is going to be nasty, I fear. I flew Southwest, which doesn't do assigned seating. Instead, 24 hours ahead of the flight, you go online to print up your pass and be assigned a group to board by -- A, B or C, which board in their respective order. But in order to get a decent position, you have to do this at exactly 23 hours and 59 minutes prior to your flight's scheduled departure time or you don't get into the A group. Well...I didn't get my boarding pass printed up till just a few minutes ago, so on the section of the trip from Las Vegas to Buffalo, I board in group C. Which means a full plane and I'm not boarding till nearly everyone else has. Which means a center seat instead of an aisle. For the entire 4 1/2 hour flight. We are not happy.

But I honestly did not think about it till I was back at my hotel room after a long, rather unsettling day...seeing the current situations of some friends and missing out on others. I did have dinner at Marix Tex-Mex Restaurant in West hollywood with my buddy Brad, his girlfriend, Cathy and his sister, Sharon...and drank too much beer and it's upset my innards...which will make the trip back even more unpleasant.

And now I'm dog tired, again. I think I'll call it a night and crash till the AM comes.

No comments: