Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

JFK

Talk about a world on the verge of chaos and ready to go at any time...yet not quite toppling over into the abyss. It's amazing this airport works. Hell, it's amazing New York City works considering how much of a mess it's in. Nasty pothole strewn streets. Confusing roads. Forty seven stages to getting to the airport from your rental car place -- take a bus to a rain depot to get to the terminal you need and hope you find the right one. I had a choice of terminals 2 and 3, and since 3 had lines out the wahzoo, I scurried down to 2 and it turned out to be the right one, anyway. And it only had a nice long line of people passing through one door where security stood watch to half-strip then pass through one scanner then try to put yourself back together while having use of two little benches as people piled up behind you. By the time I was through, I was beat.

I had a burger at Wendy's and bought a hour of time on Boingo and now feel a bit human, even though I did sweat off a good 10 pounds while working with the guys in that warehouse, but it didn't take as long as I thought it might so I got to the airport early...and this is boring.

I got a bit more work done on POS en route down and will finish going over "Return" en route back. I'm missing something here, too. I'd almost swear I wrote the moment where Brendan and his mother meet up, again, after nearly 8 years, but it's not on my USB drive or desktop. I'll check my laptop before I board the plane. Irritating. I need to get better organized.

I'm back to thinking I'm only 40% done with the book. Man, I got to get to work.

No comments: