Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Walking dead...or waking...whatever

Turns out my job was more extensive than I was lead to believe so I'm dog tired. Packed 21 boxes of books and have another 10 to go, probably. Doesn't sound like much until you realize how much care has to go into the packing since they're rare and VERY difficult to replace or even repair. Something I learned working at Heritage is, if an antiquarian book has been repaired in any way, it lessens the value. Better it be left alone unless it's about to fall apart...and even then you have to be judicious.
it might be better to have a protective box made for it.

Still got out to see Karl and Carrie and their daughter, Caden. Long drive up to Topanga, but I had a free meal out of it -- vegan but good, overall. Of course, my body doesn't understand the veggie stuff, so to keep it from going into shock I had my very own Dr. Pepper. It's my one true addiction.

No more, tonight. I be weary since it's nearly 2am my time.

No comments: