Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Got my first real hate mail...

I think. Problem is, it wasn't all that much more than a snotty comment e-mailed to me, no bad language, and the harshest thing he (or she; it was basically anonymous) had to say was that I'm a self-loathing homosexual. All in reference to something I posted somewhere about supporting Irish President Mary McAleese's decision to reject being Grand Marshall at the 2011 St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC. The parade committee won't let gays march with them so she said to forget it, and being pissy little bitches, they got all upset about it.

Of course, the same person also made a comment on my previous post that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about, so maybe it's just someone who's got problems connecting with reality. I mean, it's obvious they didn't do the Google thing before they started trying to snark at me. I come across as more of a "straight-loathing" homosexual, if you go by my books (tho' many of my best friends are straight). It's pretty funny.

Thing is, I don't know that I can really count this as hate mail, because I've gotten snotty comments before from people -- a LOT of them, once, when some dipsphit posted my e-mail address on his site because he didn't like me pointing out he was a racist. But that was just a bunch of pissy queens who supported him because he's a lefty queer who posts nice dick shots, and none of them understood that you just cannot "snap" on the internet. That's strictly a live-action action, baby.

So I guess I'll just have to wait till some day I get some e-mail that's hate without question instead of merely snippy. Hmph, that reminds me of Marge in "Fargo." "Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me, I'm just doing my job here."

Meaning back to my job...working on BC-3. I'm going back over what I have and if I'm right, the next chapter works as is...and I'm closin' in on the grand finale, sort of.

Ah, what a long strange trip it's been.

Aw, jeez -- now I'm referencing the Grateful Dead?

No comments: