Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm so lazy, sometimes...

I didn't get up till after noon, today. Of course, I was up till after 3 am, but that's no excuse. Still, I did feel rested and ready to tackle all the paperwork I didn't finish, yesterday. And now it's done...and I'm focusing on BC-3 and Allen's stories. I'm listening to Depeche Mode's album, "Playing the Angel", to get me going...and I find Allen has developed a fixation on David Gahan, especially as he looked during the "101" period. But this album's Allen's favorite. The first tune is "A Pain That I'm Used To" and holds the lyric --

"There's a hole in your soul like an animal,
With no conscience -- repentance unknown.
Close your eyes. Pay the price for your paradise.
Devils feed on the seeds that are sown."

If that don't fit Allen and his delusions, I don't know what does.

Eric nods his head in agreement, smirking.

Something I realized is, I never got his look. Eric's, I mean. I know what he looks like in my head and how he's been depicted on the covers for the books that I came up with (I borrowed my ideal of Alec, from PM) and which Nazca Plains came up with (some model from Eastern Europe who has a chin that could cut ice), but I got so focused on Bobby I neglected him. So we went shopping and found the perfect image...and this just flat IS Eric -- looks, attitude and all.









'Nuff said for today. It's time to feed and then write and then...aw, who the hell knows, anymore?

No comments: