Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's actually chilly in Buffalo

I did a California thing and wore a light pair of workout pants and sandals with a short-sleeve shirt onto the plane since it was 90 in San Antonio and because it's easier to deal with security. No belt or real shoes to take off. But it was in the upper 50's when I got here. Weird.

I tried paying for early-bird check-in with Southwest. It's just $10 and supposedly you get to board early. I did that because I only had 50 minutes between planes in Baltimore, but it did me absolutely no good for one simple reason -- the plane leaving San Antonio got off nearly an hour late. They made up some time so I had a whole 5 minutes to get from one end of BWI to the other. I made it, but I was nearly one of the last people to board. So I ain't doing it, anymore, and I may ask Southwest for my money back, just to make a point. It's ridiculous to allow less than an hour to make a connection in the evening. That's asking for crap like this to happen.

It also meant I didn't have time to grab anything to eat and I didn't have dinner till nearly 10pm. We do NOT like that.

At least my luggage made it with me. I was afraid it wouldn't. And Earl was never an issue. So maybe I'll just let it go, this time.

Ronnie's changed the spelling of his last name to "Marques" and shot some ideas at me as to how he's going to beat up on Allen and his lies. Eric's involved now and thinking this will be fun, and it all segues into...well, I don't want to give it away yet. Not till it's written, because it could change a hundred times before then.

Man, I love how people treat MY name, sometimes. I published 6 books through Nazca Plains, each one with my full name on it...and what happens when three of them get uploaded to Amazon in Kindle Editions? Not one of them has my name correct, nor do two of them connect to my paperbacks and reviews. So they don't show up unless you go looking for the book by title, specifically. And of course, Amazon makes it damn near impossible to correct. I HATE technology.

Except when I don't.

No comments: