Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Ace has control...

And he's just rockin' along.  I've added close to 2000 words since he started telling the story, but some of it's discussed later in the script so I may be cutting once I get to those areas...but still, the story's working, finally.  I even have a cute little snarky bit where Daniel refers to country music as sounding like two dogs mating and nearly getting into a fight with a drag king (female version of a queen).  Trust me, it makes sense in the context of the story.

What's nice is I can now use Ace's tough-guy attitude to pump up the characters, some.  Like Mrs. Serff, who sets Daniel up in the cabin.  She's become even more irascible and Ace's little comments about her add to her...oh...quirkiness.  I'm still not convinced I'll make it to 50K in wordage, but now I'll have a decent draft to build upon, once I'm done, no matter how long it is.

The trip to NYC was tiring but went on schedule.  I just hate getting up at 6am to make an 8am flight.  I usually aim for 10-11 am flights because I can handle those easily...and I sleep till I usually do.  I've always been a night person -- going to bed between 1 and 2 am and getting up between 9 and 10 am is my ideal setup.  Can't do that with this job...except on the weekends.

I'm starting to zone.  'Nuff said for the night.

No comments: