Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Care Package

I'm sending mom and my youngest brother some food, since my other brother and sister think it's too much trouble to take them grocery shopping.  I'll bet my box of dry goods, cookies and candy, magazine and a letter get there faster than anyone else doing their fucking duty.

I must say, I'm shifting more into disappointment, now.  I took this job only because Brother and sister said they'd take care of mom so youngest brother wouldn't have to.  Now I'm wondering if I'll have to either quit and go back to care for her or move her up here, with me.  I'm heading down for Christmas...and I got a feeling it's not going to be a nice one.

Again, no work done on LD.  Seems even if I DID have the feeling I could write it into 50,000 words this will keep me out of the running.  Maybe.  I'll work all day Thanksgiving and this coming weekend...so we'll see.  If I get a roll going, I can easily do 4-5000 words in a day, and all I really have left is just over 15000.  We'll see what happens.

I may be heading down to NYC the 9th of December and staying till the 13th.  Depends on if this packing job comes through.  New York in winter.  This should be interesting.

 So now it's time for Daniel to begin kicking me in the butt, wondering why the hell I'm letting myself get distracted by such nonsense.  It's not like there's anything I can do about it...and if I don't watch out, he'll add that crap to his story and REALLY piss the rest of the family off.

Screw it, I think I will.
 Which means Van will be more conflicted as the story goes along and he learns about Daniel's past...and which will definitely shift the whole dynamic.  (I'm using Cary Grant's character in "Charade" as his guide, since he's a constantly shifting character.)
And that makes Ace -- AKA: Tad -- even more important.  I'm having fun with him being modeled after the one guy Daniel's obsessing over...at least, he's obsessing at the beginning of the story.  As the chaos (and Daniel's psychosis) grows, we'll see how this plays out.

The book is shifting a fair bit from the script and play...and may inform on them as well as them on it.  So...I'm back to wondering what I'll wind up with.

What fun.

No comments: