Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Going from a whisper to a softness

The voice for "Lyons' Den" is beginning to make itself known...a slightly irreverent omniscience commenting upon aspect of Daniel's life as the story is told.  It's almost first person in tone and chattiness, but I remembered the narrator opening "The Apartment", by Billy Wilder, setting up Jack Lemon's life in a quick easy shorthand, and the voice happily took on that persona.

I'd started partway into the story just to try and get things going...but this evening I went to the start and began laying out the first paragraphs...and soon I had a couple pages set up that will easily expand into 10 or so.  I may make them a prologue.

As for music, Daniel's into retro 80's and 90's melodies...not all, though Billy Idol's "Dancin' With Myself" was his anthem for a while and I think he'd like to hear it sung by Melissa Etheridge.  I still don't quite have that, yet.  For a loudmouth wanting me to tell this story now now now, Daniel's being awfully reticent, all of a sudden.

Work's been busy so I get home beat and it takes me a while to get shifted into writing mode...so this is late and I'm out of words.

Hmm...I wonder what Argentine rock music sounds like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argentine rock music is da bomb. Latin heat with euro cool.