Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I like Thanksgiving...

For one reason and one reason only -- It's a day off where I don't have to deal with anyone.  Last year I was living at home with my mother so had to deal with it, then, but prior to that I'd usually tell people who invited me over for dinner that I already had plans and I'd spend the day to myself.

Like today.  I didn't leave my apartment.  Just worked on LD and got it up to 40,500 words.  And I feel productive.  I even had a nice little argument between Daniel, Ace, Carmen and Dream-Tad in a shower stall.  THAT was a hoot and a horror, and God only knows if anyone will be able to follow it.

BTW, I worked my crush on Zachary Quinto as the new Spock into the story, all without saying his name.  Ah, the joys of being a sneak.

Of course, I don't know if anyone'll be able to follow the story at all, what with Ace being the one telling it while Daniel is thinking it and experiencing it as Carmen and Dream-Tad mess with him and he begins to wonder if Van even really, truly exists or if he's involved with True-Tad in trying to mess up the bet.  Maybe this is my Dali-style of story -- all surreality mixed with reality and pseudo-reality to mess with reality.

I don't know.  It's just proving to be fun.  I just hope the ending I have now will be the ending I have when I'm done.

Now let's end this day on a note of beautificence.

I THINK this is China.  It wasn't identified on the blog I downloaded it from.  But does it look otherworldly, or what?

No comments: