Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not funny, yet

So far the story is just following a typical path, a day in the life of a crazed writer...well, a couple hours.  Nothing great or fantastic or even chuckle-worthy.  Daniel's being too simple and straight-forward and Ace just Ace.  The old lady caretaker is just cantankerous, not humorous, yet.  I'm just sort of coasting through the story in a genial fashion.

Didn't help that today was a black day for America.  The GOP won the House and now they're fighting in the courts to take over the Senate because they can't lose gracefully in any way, form or fashion, oh no.  Hell, Carl Paladino even waved a baseball bat and gave one of the most threatening concession speeches I've ever heard, like "Do what I say, anyway, or I'll beat your brains in."  Talk about a thug...but that's the GOP for the last 15 years -- pure thugs.  And now we're going to go through 2 more years of hell at their hands.  It's so depressing, I couldn't even read about it.

I didn't vote, I know, but the fact is, I'd have made no difference in the outcome.  Obama got the Congress he wanted.  Maybe it wasn't a conscious choice but he did everything he could to make sure this happened.  It's like he's a stealth Repugnican out to destroy the Democratic Party just as much as the Tea Party scum have the GOP; they're pointed towards a cliff and, like lemmings, they're all running for it and dragging the rest of us with them.  Now comes gridlock in Washington...and shut downs of the government...and capitulation by the Democowards.

Damn, I have to get away from this trend of thought.  No wonder I can't write comedy...I'm too much of a depressive.

Okay, Daniel, you gotta help me, here.  What kind of music do you like?  Let's find something interesting for you to go for...like "Nine Inch Nails" or funky industrial techno from Germany or something.  What's the word?
Son-of-a-bitch, don't you DARE tell me it's "Ride 'Em Cowboy."  I HATE that song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too true, boo.