Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Plans keep changing

I'm off to San Antonio on Saturday.  My mother's in the hospital, again, no thanks to my younger brother.  When he was asked to take her to the ER instead of her doctor's appointment, he tossed a fit and stormed off.  So mom had to go by ambulance to a hospital she doesn't like.  So I'll be down there for a while.  I'm not going through what I did back in November, when she wound up in a nursing home and my sole understanding of what was happening was coming from four different directions (I include my sister-in-law here).  I bought an open-ended ticket so can come back to Buffalo when the time is right; my only problem is with my mail and the fact that I'll have no income for the next two months.  But we'll see what happens.

In the midst of this, I finished another polish on LD and will do a spell-check then send it off to the publisher as the final version.  I could rework any story until I'm dead and not get it exactly like I want it, which tends to change from day to day, depending on my mood.  But I think it's solid and ready to go.  All the moments seem real to me now and I can let go and wait for the proof to verify it.  So I'm drifting back towards POS.

Hm..."Lyons' Den" is the story I worked on during NaNoWriMo back in November 2010.  Somehow this book seems directly connected to my mother's health or something.  Weird.

I've been shifting all my tabs to Safari.  Firefox is giving me too much trouble, now, and my system won't handle an upgrade to 4.  It's an irritating thing to have to do when you use one system exclusively on your computer.

It seems Obama finally said in a news conference that cuts in Social Security and Medicare were offered to the GOP...and the bastards STILL won't agree to raise the debt ceiling because the deal includes removing tax breaks for billionaires.  A "Democrat" has offered to start the destruction of two of the Progressives' signature acts, all to protect tax breaks for peopl,e who barely pay taxes at all...when they do.   I'm beyond angry about this; I'm into numb.  It's like we have nothing but business-slaves in office.

If Obama's going to be nothing but another Republican, I'm voting green in 2012.

No comments: