Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Talk To Me...

When I'm working, sometimes. I slip into this zone where thoughts are filling my head about things that could go into stories and I work them out as I wrap and stack and pack the books into boxes. Which is not necessarily a good thing to be doing when someone else is around. Like today.

I had a guy helping me by building boxes and moving books back and forth, and I think I may have spooked him. Granted, I'm schizophrenic at heart, but that doesn't mean I'm crazy. Does it? Anyway, I got lost in my nattering a couple of times and instead of me buying him dinner (since we worked through lunch) he just wanted to get back to the warehouse and clock out and go home. On the bus, thank you. Who knew I was such a danger?

Well...some of my characters do. The rest are either unaware or deliberately turn a blind eye to my madness. Hm...maybe I should be on meds of some kind. Or just give in to the voices, George.

I'm in the NY area till Monday, now. Not happy with that but not freaked out, either...except financially. I'm close to the edge, again. Such is life in Kyle's fast lane.

Oh, and a hat-tip to Amazon for screwing up my books, again. The paperback version of RIHC6v1 is no longer listed, and its sales are posted as "other books." I contacted them about it and they sent me two e-mails -- 1 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, both asking for more information. I sent it in, yesterday evening. Today they told me they weren't do anything about it because they'd "tried several times to contact me and I hadn't responded." Since when is twice "several times?" Apparently I'm supposed to go to another page to do a reply instead of just hit reply to their e-mail. I swear they go out of their way to screw with me.

*sigh* My life and no one else's.

2 comments:

Writer said...

As we say here, you're living the dream...someone else's but still...

And I talk to myself all the time: if I didn't I'd have no one interesting to talk to. ;)

JamTheCat said...

LOL!