Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Regeneration

Today was filled with nitpicky things having to be handled -- like my bank killing my ATM card because I used it in New Jersey instead of New York without telling them I was going there -- and just letting myself catch up with reality.

Oh, and working on a couple of short promo video scripts for Kasey. She called me, yesterday, as I was handling Manhattan traffic asking if I'd rework a couple of 2-5 page scripts for her in time to get them to the client tomorrow. So I've done one...and miss it.

I know, I know, I dismissed scriptwriting as silly...but it's in my blood, I guess, like a sickness or addiction I can't shake. And like a junkie, it just takes one hit to kick you off the wagon. Dammit. Like I wasn't already weak enough. My main excuse is I need the money...but in reality, I'm just a wimp.

I just sent the third draft (but only the second one, so far as Kasey's concerned; I never show my first drafts to anyone...except when I'm being stupid) off and will work on the other one tomorrow after I get home. Nice thing is, she's on the West Coast so she's 3 hours behind me.

Now it's time to get my expense report in order and see how deep in the hole I am.

I'm not posting any more of POS. Apparently I'm at the point the story where anything I reveal will be a plot spoiler. Oh well...maybe I can do something else. As mentioned before, that cop who had me rewrite his story about the NYPD and how they drove him crazy wants his script turned into a book, still, so maybe I'll start trying that out. I came up with an odd concept for it -- "Did you ever think you are what you aren't, even when you are?" Don't know what it means yet...and yet...I do.

This will be an interesting project.


No comments: