Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Three books - 3

The hell with it -- I'm making "Place of Safety" a three book series. It's been pushing that direction for some time and me fighting it is getting me nowhere. I mean, I already have 38K in wordage on book 1, and I still have another 30K to go. That's a novel unto itself, what with everything that still needs to be added in. The bit in Houston has 33K with at least that much more that need to be added, and the part where Brendan returns to Derry already has 50K with 40K left to add, at least. If I make this book long enough for all three sections to be in one, it will be a good 1000+ pages in my format and about 650 pages in a book. No one will buy it.

But if it's cut in pieces like steak, it'll be much easier to chew upon and digest. It will also be a lot easier to write. I just need to make certain I have everything in the first book that's needed to set up books 2 and 3.

Looks like I'm not going to Seattle this year. Not enough clients are using our service to attend the book fair to make it financially feasible. Hell, no one from England is going; that alone indicates how bad things are getting over there, because this is a good fair that brings in a lot of sales. I don't really mind, because I'm still reeling from the cost of my time in San Antonio and the expense of my mother's funeral.  I just hope I can pull things together in time for Hong Kong...if I get sent. It looks good, but I've been there before so don't want to plan on it till the plane is on its way.

Uh...oh...just had an idea. Bye.

No comments: