Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Who me? Diet?

I have to have one of these or something similar, tomorrow. Though mine will be with a Dr. Pepper. How anyone can drink MILK with a meal like that is beyond me. But lately I've been ravenous. I guess it stems from just plain not eating enough to keep a mouse alive, last week. I dropped 5 pounds in 8 days. I'd say I want to keep it off...but considering what it took to get rid of it, I ain't gonna make that commitment.

I mean, I've already altered my diet to where I eat about 2/3 of what I used to and could probably drop that down to half, if I wanted to. You don't realize just how much you're gorging on till one day you wake up and have to roll over to get out of bed. But it seems in order for me to drop all the poundage I want to, I'll have to work 8-12 hour days and live on DP and Tostitos (which is what I did a couple of times).

What that does NOT mean is I'm going vegan or anything. I know some people who have and they haven't lost any weight at all, plus they're sick a lot more often. No, I gots to has da boigers, dat's fer shure.

Thing is, I haven't found a truly killer burger in Buffalo, yet (and I will NOT include Chili's in my search; theirs are too standardized). Some decent enough ones, but nothing that stops me cold and makes me swoon for the joy of red meat, American cheese and ketchup, mustard and Mayo.

Dammit, now I'm hungry! And it's nearly midnight. That is NOT a time to eat a meal of that massiveness. 

No comments: