Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby steps

Started easy in the painting cycle. I did this while watching "Castle", which used to be a fun show but is getting tedious. Which also means I did it in about an hour. Not hard to see how, it's so minimalistic.

Anyway, it turned out more reserved than I expected. Almost wary and uncertain, and I don't know why...but I like it. Like the stark simplicity contrasting the...well...almost hurt expression.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Truth is, The ear had been longer and the shoulder had sloped more smoothly to the bottom when I started out, but neither really worked as is, so I moved them back.

Hmph...this could almost be the cover for "Inherent Flaws." Maybe that's why I did it. Maybe that's where it came from. Whatever.  I'm letting it dry so I can sign it and maybe put it up on eBay. See if I can sell it. The money'd come in handy.

No comments: