Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Computing 101...01010101010

Today was spent upgrading the operating system on my desktop computer...which I'm still working at. Seems I couldn't re-install Microsoft Office 2004 or Adobe Photoshop CS because...well, I don't know why. But I did figure out how to reconnect to my laptop via Firewire and just shift them over from that. And for some reason that worked. Man, I'd still be behind the 8-ball if it hadn't been for Mac's Genius Bar. It made my day.

I also spent over an hour trying to find the upgrade for my printer's driver. The disk I have was only good through OS 10.4 and won't even load in. And HP was making it hell on earth to find the new driver online. I was close to giving up and deciding to buy a new one when I finally found a link embedded in a post to a thread discussing that very problem...and it lead to an HP site that let me download the correct driver.

So now my e-mail is set up, again. And I can use Safari, again, without being dumped by FiOS. I still have to re-set all my links...of which I had dozens, but I'd saved them all to a Word document and printed that out, to be safe. It's just time consuming.

What was even better? By going to the Walden Galleria for my Genius appointment, I found out there's a Five Guys Burger joint located under the theater. Scarfed down a cheeseburger, fries and a coke. I felt like a commercial.

Time for more tea and some Oreos....no....make that yoghurt. Better for me.

No comments: