Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Geek chic

Been sick...which apparently is why I've been so weird the last couple days. It's been so long since I had the flu, I'd forgotten its build-up signs. Nothing massive, fortunately, just irritating.

So I sit in my chair and watch "BBT" and think of all the crap I have to do that I'm not doing as I drink tea and nibble at some food and play one episode after another of "The Big Bang Theory".

Want to hear the craziest part? I've developed a crush on Leonard (as portrayed by Johnny Gaecki). I had a crush on David Schwimmer through all 10 years of "Friends", but I'd met him and while I liked Ross, it was David I focused on.

I've got nothing against Johnny (he strikes me as a decent person in the interviews I've seen) but it's the character of Leonard that appeals to me...and not to worry; I'm not so far gone I can't tell it's a fictional character I'm reacting to.

Keep in mind, I fell in love with Daniel as I was writing him...and in love with Van as he shifted to Dan-O's side in LD. I was really crushing on Jake in RIHC6 and am seriously writing notes about a mystery he has to solve, concerning an uncle's disappearance. Which I'm not sure is the right way to keep his and Tone's story going...but would give me space enough to work them out. But as real as they are when I'm writing them, I can still step back and understand what it all means.

With Leonard, I could actually see myself trying to be friends with him...and more, if possible. his character is in desperate need of love and support. So is Sheldon, but him I just want to shelter and protect.

Guess I'm just your average, everyday, all-America, too-damn-typical-psycho-stalker-wannabe.

Try saying THAT three times fast.

No comments: