Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I be jammin'

Drove straight home from Hartford, CT -- about 420 miles in 6 hours. In a white cargo van. I was going to stay overnight in Albany, but I wasn't tired when I hit there so I kept going...and going...and going, just like that battery bunny. And I did next to no thinking the whole way. In fact, my brain is not working at all, right now, because right around Rochester I started getting tired, but since it's only 60 miles from Buffalo, I didn't even think about stopping.

Dunno why I felt the need to get home. It probably wasn't even anything meaningful. But the Motel 6 I stayed in was cheap-assed -- the sheets didn't even cover the mattress -- and I wanted my own bed, tonight. And to have the whole day to myself, tomorrow.

I'll have to start revisions on IF, soon. I've received copious notes from the guy whose life it's based on. We'll see....and yet, I don't know if I'm ready for that, yet.

TLA did take on a dark overtone during this trip. Not sure how I feel about that, either. In fact, everything seems to be up in the air. Like my life.

"Bored now," as Wicked Willow would say. (BtVS reference for those uninitiated.)

No comments: