Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's snowing

Nothing heavy but there and dancing about in the brisk wind like flakes swirling in a delicate globe. My window is open and yet I'm still warm. I think I'm getting to where I like it up here. That, or watching 12 straight episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" while finishing up my shredding and ironing put me in a good humor. Probably a combination; I've always had a multi-level response to things like this, especially in my stories.

Everything is done except for not having my fax machine set up correctly, yet. I've had it hooked up for months but only today found the instruction manual for it and will try to make it work, tomorrow. Once that's done, I'm going to Canada for my celebratory dinner...for finishing the first draft of IF. Normally I wait till I have the story done, or as done as I can make it, but this was such an unusual one for me, I'm having it now. I've got $20CAN in my wallet and that's enough for a decent meal at Tony Roma's.

This year is going to be a wild one, I can already feel it, and I have no idea what that means, yet. The only thing I can see happening right now is finishing up this season of BBT and contemplating the next. I actually enjoy the hijinks of Sheldon, Leonard, Raj, and Wolowitz; not so crazy about the character of Penny, because she's just a bit too typical a blond...except for when she became a gaming addict. Then she got interesting and showed a capacity for intelligent thought. My hope is the producers expand on that...but so far they haven't.

However, Jim Parson's smiley face makes up for all deficiencies. Totally.

No comments: