Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not hot for blueberries

I find I don't like blueberries in Special K cereal. I only sort of like them in yoghurt. I guess the only place for blueberries in my mind is muffins, and then the only ones worth a damn are the ones straight out of the oven. I wonder why that is? It's a perfectly good fruit. And I enjoy the hell out of peaches and strawberries and bananas in cereal and such.

Just out trying new things -- like having a small bowl of cereal for an evening snack instead of cookies or cinnamon rolls or the like. I don't know if it's making any difference in my weight; I've been stuck at this one number for months, but at least I'm not gaining.

I'm kind of bleary, so it's good I only input edits for POS this evening. I'm now up to page 151 out of 229 on the first draft and have 51,700 words, total. But I'm at the point where I have to connect two more sections -- going from the aftermath of the attack at Burntollett Bridge to the beginning of the Battle of Bogside, then from that to Bloody Sunday. It's gonna be rough.

I listened to Depeche Mode's "101" to keep me going. KCRW's doing their annual pledge drive and I can't listen to ten minutes of music and then 10 minutes of begging. I've already donated; they should have an online channel for people who've done that. And Pandora's boring, right now. I've heard just about everything they're offering in my selections, more than once.

This job is threatening to overwhelm me, right now. I'm handling the move in of 27 dealers into San Francisco, Friday morning, and move-out Sunday night. Then comes 140 dealers moving into Pasadena the following Thursday morning. My head's already hurting.

No comments: