Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back on track

I worked on "The Vanishing of Owen Taylor" this evening, mainly reacquainting myself with what I've written. I have this minimal sort of short-term memory that takes a while to kick in and remember what I've done, sometimes. Which is nice when I'm reading a story I've written and I don't remember doing some of the things in it that I did. It may also be this dividing line I have in my life between my creative aspect and my day-to-day...and when the latter overwhelms, the former get shunted into a corner and it takes a while to come back out.

So first I went for a walk and deposited a check into my bank's ATM...doing it without a deposit slip or envelope for the first time. And it seemed to work all right. Then I bought apples and came home, and dove straight into OT.

I've contacted my new publisher and they're open to me submitting it to them. This'll be a more serious book than LD, but then again...I may have some fun with it. Jake's already kicking ass and Antony's backing him up with his usual go-for-broke actions. Matt's gotten himself involved in something dangerous that might wind up good for him...or not. I won't know till it's done.

I do know I'm working in my whole idea about Christianity being the new communism into it. When it reaches the point where an elected official, who has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the US, actually admits on video that he thinks it's okay to fire someone because you don't like their lifestyle, and where the Catholic Church, which is a major recipient of taxpayer dollars, uses their power to ignore the law and force thorough other laws that restrict the rights of those people they don't like, and where "Christians" say gays should be killed, on and on and on...well, it's just like being in Soviet Russia under Stalin. And Jake and Antony feel the same way, which is why they live in Denmark.

If Romney gets into the White House and the GOP takes both houses of Congress, I may join them in leaving the country. Canada's looking good, right now.

No comments: