Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More to do on IF

Seems the ex-cop I'm writing "Inherent Flaws" with or for or whatever has found more spots that need to be changed to better reflect the reality of the times. Meaning I'll have to go through the whole fucking book, again, to make certain it reads decently, when I was beginning to get back onto "The Vanishing of Owen Taylor".

I worked on it en route to NYC from Buffalo and got several pages of a trial written. I just need to get an idea of what an actual trial transcript looks like so I can keep it in the proper format. I did something similar in volume 2 of "Bobby Carapisi" to show how insane things were getting. I found the typed transcripts from shows like "Bill Mahr" and "The Tonight Show" and a couple sports shows on ESPN as well as a Q&A of sports journalists during a news conference then wrote 3 chapters to fit them. They helped forward the story. Too bad it's a story no one wants to read.

Anyway, since Owen's vanished and Jake is trying to find out what the hell's going on, I figure it'll be one way to tell Owen's story without him being there. Another is him having written journals, something that can dig deep into his psyche in ways too intimate for anyone to openly share. That one...I'm not so sure about, right now. It feels a bit like a violation. I mean, I'd hate for anyone to read my journals...if they could read them, considering my handwriting. Hell, sometimes even I have trouble figuring out what the hell I wrote.

Someone once told me, the smarter you are, the worse your handwriting usually is. Wow...by that measure, I'm a friggin' genius. My handwriting's never been great (my sister in San Diego asked me to type my letters to her so she could read them without having to decipher the hieroglyphics) but it's gotten worse since I began using a computer.

Or as I could also say...it's gotten more artistic. Yeah, that's it.


No comments: