Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

My buddy, Brad Rushing, suggested this...so for today, here's the first music video my mother was featured in -- Eminem's "Role Model". She's the nun at the 1:20 mark.


You can see her in other things, as well -- a plane passenger handing over her boarding pass in Wes Craven's "Redeye"; a juror listening as Tony Shaloub argues his case in "The Man Who Wasn't There" -- but this is the only piece of video I could find to actually link to. She was also in "Do You Hate Me Now", "Purple Hills", and a number of other music videos whose names I just don't know.

It was funny to hear her talk about meeting "Mr. Eminem" and thinking he was a very sweet young man, then discuss rap music with kids young enough to be her great-grandchildren. It freaked them out.

Such is life in Hollywood that she had more success in the business that I did.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: